What is EMDR Intensive Therapy?
EMDR Intensive Therapy is a brief, intensive treatment designed to expedite or “jump-start” treatment outcomes by incorporating multiple 60-minute EMDR Therapy sessions into a condense period of time -reducing the overall amount of time spent in therapy.
Benefits of EMDR Intensive Therapy
- Less Time in the Office: Just one EMDR Full-Day Intensive Therapy is equivalent to almost six weeks of weekly therapy sessions.
- More Efficient : Even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time and is more efficient because of time not spent on:
- checking in at the beginning of each session
- addressing current crises and concerns
- focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing
- assisting in regaining composure at the end of the session.
- Learn more here.
- Well Tolerated: Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Improvement of Symptoms in a Shorter Time Frame: EMDR Intensive treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- Safe and Effective: An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- Treats Other Issues: In addition to treating trauma symptoms, EMDR Intensive Therapy is also helpful for those who are struggling with anger, depression, anxiety, stress management and grief and loss.
- Collaborative: Ability to coordinate and collaborate EMDR Intensive Therapy with your primary therapist.
- Customized Plans: We will determine which plan will fit your goals and scheduling needs.
EMDR Intensive Therapy: Treating More Than Trauma
EMDR Intensive Therapy is not just for trauma; it is also used to treat:
- Panic Attacks
- Performance anxiety
- Complicated grief
- Compulsive behaviors
Is EMDR Intensive Therapy Right for Me?
EMDR Intensive Therapy may not be right for everyone. During your initial intake and assessment, we will review your presenting symptoms/issues and your goals to determine if EMDR Intensive Therapy is right for you.
How is EMDR Intensive Therapy Offered?
EMDR Intensive Therapy is offered in Full-Day, Half-Day and Mini formats.
- Full-Day Intensive $990 per session* and is equal to 6 weeks of 55-minute therapy sessions.
- Half-Day Intensive $660 per session* and is equal to 4 weeks of 55-minute therapy sessions.
- Mini Intensive $330 per session* and is equal to 2 weeks of 55-minute therapy sessions.
*A 2-hour Intake and Assessment ($330) is not included in the above price and is necessary for all new clients. Packages of multiple EMDR Intensive Therapy sessions are available at a discounted price.
Learn More about EMDR IntensiveIntensive FAQ
Are You Ready to Jump Start Your Healing?
If you are ready jump start your healing, submit your request for an appointment.EMDR Intensive Consultation
Not quite ready for EMDR Intensive Therapy? You may request additional information or ask other questions here.Request Info