WHAT IS EMDR INTENSIVE THERAPY
EMDR Intensive Therapy is a brief, intensive treatment designed to expedite or “jump-start” treatment outcomes by incorporating multiple EMDR Therapy sessions into a condensed period of time –reducing the overall amount of time spent in therapy.
BENEFITS OF EMDR INTENSIVE THERAPY
- Less Time in the Office: The EMDR Half-Day Intensive is typically completed in 3-4 weeks and is equivalent to almost four months of bi-weekly therapy sessions.
- More Efficient : Even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time and is more efficient because of time not spent on:
- checking in at the beginning of each session
- addressing current crises and concerns
- focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing
- assisting in regaining composure at the end of the session.
- Learn more here.
- Well Tolerated: Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Improvement of Symptoms in a Shorter Time Frame: EMDR Intensive treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- Safe and Effective: An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- Treats Other Issues: In addition to treating trauma symptoms, EMDR Intensive Therapy is also helpful for those who are struggling with anger, depression, anxiety, stress management and grief and loss.
- Collaborative: Ability to coordinate and collaborate EMDR Intensive Therapy with your current individual therapist.
- Customized Plans: We will determine which plan will fit your goals and scheduling needs. Below are two standard EMDR Intensive plans.
WHAT CAN EMDR THERAPY TREAT
EMDR Intensive Therapy is not just for trauma; it is also used to treat depression, anxiety, phobias, performance anxiety, complicated grief, and addictive behaviors.
IS EMDR THERAPY RIGHT FOR ME
EMDR Intensive Therapy may not be right for everyone. During the initial Intake and Assessment, we will review your presenting symptoms/issues and your goals to determine if EMDR Intensive Therapy is right for you.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EMDR THERAPY
Interested in learning more about EMDR Intensive Therapy, click here for frequently asked questions including rates and what sessions look like.
If you are ready to see if EMDR Intensive Therapy is right for you, you may submit a request a new client appointment. Be sure to check out the FAQ about EMDR Intensive Therapy.Request New Appointment